February 23, 2010

Coupon Holder

Wow, who would have thought this was possible?  A non-baby related blog?  Whoa!

I've become my mom.  I've become a coupon clipping suburban mom.  I subscribe to the local newspaper for Thursday and Sunday deliveries.  I don't even read the newspaper.  I get all of my news from the internet.  So why the heck did I get a subscription to the local paper?  I would have totally opted for only Sunday deliveries but it's not available for some reason. Once I receive the Thursday paper, I just chuck it into the recycle bin.  Hopefully my mom reads when she's at my house!  I pay $9/month just so I can get the Sunday newspaper - cuz it's chock full of coupons that I can cut!  Haha.

Before I would totally shove in my coupons in this plain white envelope and it was totally unorganized so it was pretty difficult sorting out coupons in the store.  But now I have a solution.  My mom actually carries around this ugly-as-hell coupon organizer from Shop Rite. It's this nasty yellow and red but it organizes her coupons and it was free.  I wouldn't be caught dead in that coupon organizer.  So on a whim, I did a google search and thank goodness, people sell coupon holders on Etsy.com!  Pretty ones!

I ordered one last week and just received it yesterday and I luv it!  I haven't organized my stuff yet but I can't wait to.  Now I have an idea what to get people as gifts. Hehehe.  So don't be surprised if you get a coupon organizer from me for Xmas (esp if you live in the 'burbs).  Keheheheh.









What's also very cool about it is that you can hang it on your shopping cart so it makes shopping easier! :)

The shop is Grandma's Little Lilly and she sells other items as well.  Shipping is fast and I totally recommend this Etsy!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

omg, this is totally a great gift idea. i'd want one and to give to my mil, my mother, my sister. hm! good simple mother's day gift...

DBaby said...

@Sarah: Oh yes, Mother's Day is a good day to give it. No waiting till Xmas. I totally want to give one to my mom. Hers is just unsightly. :)

cuteandcurls said...

Gaaaaahhhh how in the world do I miss your updates?!!!!! I have some catching up to do here hehehehe glad to see you're updating ..you gonna update at our old blog home? if you know what i mean :)

DBaby said...

@cuteandcurls: i don't think i'll be returning back to our blog home since i'm blocked from it at work and the only time i have to blog is at work! :( So I'll do my updates here...sorry!

boobledygook said...

@BabyDot74 - As long as we all get to read updates from you here. I dont know why Xanga is blocked at your workplace ..weird innit? Well Im glad you're updating here so ill keep visiting now if only i can find a way to be notified when you update!