March 14, 2011

Review: Maybelline SuperStay 24 Lip color (BzzAgent)

I used to review products and stuff on my prior blogs so I figured I might as well do it officially.  I recently joined BzzAgent, which is a marketing company based on word-of-mouth.  Basically you join and become an Agent and you're invited to test out products.  If you're interested in a campaign, you need to fill out an online survey and then they'll send the products to you.  Your job, as an agent, is to test out the products and tell people about it by writing reviews or just spreading the news via word-of-mouth by Facebook, Twitter, etc.

This is my very first review. :)

 
Maybelline SuperStay 24
I was invited to join the Maybelline SuperStay 24 lip color campaign.  I was a little ambivalent because I haven't found any lip colors/gloss that I like.  I've just been using CG Bigelow's lip tint for the past few years.  Prior to that, I was using Revlon ColorStay but I stopped using that because I didn't like how it made my lips cakey and dry.  I also noticed that the lip applicator was similar to a lip gloss applicator and I wasn't looking forward to that due to past experiences of gunky and sticky lip gloss that made my hair stick to my lips like glue.  Not pleasant!  However, I thought I'd have nothing to lose by just trying it.  I can always give a bad review if I really didn't like the product.

My BzzKit arrived earlier this week.  In the package was an informative booklet about the lip color and 4 different shades.  Wear on Wildberry, Everlasting Wine, Forever Chestnut & Timeless Rose.  I was very tempted to keep all 4 shades since they were all very nice colors but in the end, I kept Wear on Wildberry & Everlasting Wine.  I tried on Wear on Wildberry first as it was more similar to my lip color without being too drastic.  I loved how the color went on thinly and dried in a minute or two.  I noticed that if I blot the lip color first (something I forgot to do because it's been so long since I've worn actual lip color) before putting on the lip balm part of the lip color, it wouldn't get overly gunky.  I was also surprised that the lip color smelled good, like watermelon or strawberries.

I tried on Everlasting Wine the next day and it's similar to the color I used to wear, back in the day when I used to wear color on my lips.  I think I would prefer to use this color in a non workplace area.  My colleagues did indeed notice I was wearing a new lip color and complimented me on it to which I shared them the product and even gave her one of the extra samples I received.

The color does stay on my lips!  The only time it would come off was when I ate something and wiped my mouth with a napkin.  It does not dry out my lips, nor is it cakey or gunky and my hair no longer sticks to my lips as it did with other products.    I really enjoy this product and now I'm back to wearing makeup because of this product.  I have already recommended this product to my friends and family and will continue to do so.

I highly recommend!

No comments: